WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 tot olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 tots tomato paste (50 g)
- 1 packet Denny Bolognese sauce
- 1 tin Red Kidney beans, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 – 12 tortilla wraps
WHAT TO DO:
- Heat the oil in your potjie and fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the beef mince and fry until brown.
- Add the tomato paste and let this mix and fry for a few minutes making sure everything is well mixed together.
- Next add your Denny Bolognese sauce and the beans, and let this simmer for 15 – 20 minutes on low heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Build your quesadilla: Fill half of the wrap with a layer of Bolognese, then top with cheddar cheese. Close the wrap, so now you have a half circle. Then fold the wrap again, now you have a quarter circle. Carry on with the rest of the wraps
- Carefully arrange the wraps on your hinged grid, and braai over medium coals, and turn often. You need to approach them the same way as you would a “braaibroodjie”.
- They are ready to serve once the outside is toasted and crisp and the cheese melted on the inside.
- Add fresh chilli’s with the cheese if you are feeling adventurous.