The school holidays are on the way again and so are Mother’s and Father’s Day. Get your kids off their phones and away from the television for a while, by organising something creative for them to make for you and to keep them busy. You can buy the necessary items at your local art and craft shop. Some also provide kids’ craft classes. Here is an example of an animal they could make, using a few simple items. We chose a funky little bird.
* Craft glue
* Small paint brush
* Feathers or felt
* Googly eyes
* Paint for body and beak/nose
* Ice-cream stick
* Polystyrene balls
* Wood/cardboard box or raffia for nest
* Chenille stems/pipe cleaners.
1. Glue together the polystyrene balls and paint the balls your desired colour.
2. Cut the ice-cream stick in half and paint for beak or ears.
3. Fold the pipe cleaners for legs, add beads for knees and then stick them into the body-part ball.
4. Cover the body ball with feathers or felt.
5. Glue on the pompoms, eyes and beak or ears. Use a black pompom for a nose if you make an animal.
Place your animal in a box or on a raffia nest, and you’re done!