Op 25 Mei 2019 is daar op in oorleg met Mosselbaai Munisipaliteit ‘n vergadering gehou om die wenslikheid van ‘n besigheidsforum vir die groter Groot-Brakrivier te stig.
This resulted in two very well attended meetings on the 27th and 31st of July ’19, at which the constitution was in principle approved and a management committee elected. There was an abundance of positive energy and interest that brought momentum and a spark to both meetings.
Five Key Performance Areas (KPA)have been identified and embodied in a Project Plan, in order to improve and manage the village.
- Infrastructure– Streets, pavements, lights and shopfronts, as well as wheel chair friendly access
- Environment-Walking/cycling paths, beaches, fauna and flora, conservation, trees in town and animal welfare
- Arts and recreation– Galleries, Street art, Family market, Parkrun, Cycling events, Fragrance festival, and a lot more
- Security– SAPS, Neighbourhoodwatch, Traffic, Police Forum.
- Marketing and Tourism – Branding of the town, Signboards at entrances, heritage route, museum.
Die huidige kommittee bestaan uit:- Leon Oosthuizen, Leoni Sinclair, Herman Swanepoel, Marlen Jansen, Elsabé Malan, Nico Venter, Andries Pikaan, Wilhelm de Wet en Mike Ehrman.