The best way to be creative during the festive season and give something handmade to your loved-ones? Your own hand-crafted jewellery and decorations!
- Earring hooks, studs
- Earring pins
- Small metal jump-rings
- Glue gun
- Small craft pliers, tweezers
- Beads and/or polymer clay, glaze
- Twine or string
- Festive stickers/decorations, Washi-tape, craft paint and brush, paper tag, ribbon
- Choose your designs, lay out what you will need and check that the beads fit onto the pins.
- For beads: Put your beads onto earring pins (one for a pendant), then use the pliers to turn the open end of each pin into a small closed-off loop.
- Put a metal jump-ring onto one loop. Slide your earring hook onto this, or leave it off for a pendant. Close the ring with pliers.
- Or, if using stud earrings, use the glue gun to glue the bead or polymer clay item onto the stud.
- For polymer clay creations: Put together your festive design using the tweezers for fiddly little pieces, then pierce a small hole into the top with a toothpick if adding any hook or ring, then let it dry or bake it as per instructions on the clay. Paint clay glaze over for a shiny effect, before baking. Then either glue each onto an earring stud or hook it onto a jump-ring and earring hook.
- If your creation is a decoration, loop twine or string onto the jump ring.
- If your creation is a gift: Put the item into a pretty little bag/box decorated with craft paint, stickers, glue-on decorations or Washi-tape. Write their name onto the paper tag, tie it onto the wrapping with ribbon and it’s good to give!