Crafting can be decorative and functional at the same time! Here’s how to make your own little kitchen clock.
You will need:
- A nice piece of MDF craft-wood, or plastic, wood, flat ceramic, or even a piece you’ve made from plaster of Paris or resin, as the backing for your clock. Make sure you have a hole in it for the clock mechanism to fit through.
- Clock mechanism of appropriate length
- Clock hands of the correct length for the clock face, including seconds-hand
- Clock face, numbers or dots
- Project glue
- Craft or chalk paint, paint pens, varnish
- Paint brush and varnish brush
- Hanger, screws and screwdriver, or counter stand
- Batteries to fit the mechanism, usually 1 x AA
- Your design theme idea
- Paint your clock backing, let it dry and do your artwork, let that dry completely and then varnish it all.
- Screw on your hanger at the back.
- Put the clock face onto the front of your backing.
- Fit the clock mechanism in through the hole in the backing and screw it on, over the clock face in the middle.
- Add each of the hands – first the hours, then the minutes and finally the seconds. Your clock is ready to display!